Hundreds attend consultation events for new schoolPosted on: 14/03/2019
Plans for the new Kenilworth School and Sixth Form welcomed an audience of more than 360 people at drop-in events held at the school this weekend.
Parents, students and members of the local community were invited to view and comment on proposals for a new, purpose built secondary school and sixth form offering improved teaching, learning and sports facilities at Southcrest Farm, Glasshouse Lane, Kenilworth.
Hundreds of Keniworth residents turned out to view proposals for the new Kenilworth School and Sixth Form.
- Over 1,000 students and members of staff also had the chance to preview the plans before the public on Friday March 1 and give their feedback to the project team.
- Headteacher, Hayden Abbott, said: “It was great to see our students excited by the proposals and we are delighted that so many people from the local community came to the school to view the plans and share their feedback. It was a pleasure to speak with parents and meet prospective parents who were excited to see how their children will benefit from a new combined school and sixth form in the heart of the community.
- “All feedback will be reviewed by the project team and where possible and appropriate, consideration will be given to how feedback can be incorporated into the proposals, before a planning application is submitted.”
- Anyone unable to attend the consultation events can view the proposals on the school website and submit their feedback by Friday March 22.
- Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust intends to submit a full planning application to Warwick District Council in early April 2019.
- Subject to gaining planning permission, the new school should open in September 2021.