See Miss Brennan if you need support with the following:
|Year 9 option choices||A levels|
|College courses||Motivation and Goal setting|
“Enabling and Empowering our students to be the best they can be”.
Adhering to the Gatsby Benchmarks and the Department for Education strategy.
One to One appointments – at least one intervention through Key Stage 4
Additional follow up appointment’s if required.
Targeted appointments for: SEN/Pupil Premium/Needing support.
Targeted appointments for those not attending Kenilworth Sixth Form.
Introduction to Unifrog
Careers Fair – Autumn Term
Provider Fair – Apprentices/FE/Drama & Sports offerings.
Work experience – Summer Term
Virtual Careers Fair – Summer Term
Careers Café – students can drop in through lunchtime: January – April.
Futures Day – introduction to Sixth Form
Initial Careers interventions – spring term.
Careers Fairs – Autumn term and Spring Term
Provider Fair – apprenticeships/FE/Drama and Sports and Animal Colleges
JED – revisit
CV Workshops – Barclays Life Skills/DHL
Careers café – June to end of term
Assembly Introduction to Careers
Speed Careers Event – January – Autumn Term
Options Evening – careers adviser present
PSHE – Employability Skills
Employer encounter – Fire Service
Feeding Britain’s Future Workshop
Coventry Building Society – IT introduction to world of work.
Assembly introduction to Careers – September
Careers introduction in PSHE
Employer Talk – Fire Service
Labour Market Information
Building in careers awareness via Curriculum
Job Explorer Database - JED
JED – Job Explorer Database.
Let me introduce you to a Careers tool that we use here at school.
Its called JED which stands for 'Job Explorer Database'.
Within this tool it gives a breakdown of a wide variety of different job roles.
- It has pictures, quizzes, career facts of the day.
- There are video clips of people conducting their actual roles in real life settings; real people doing real jobs.
- It contains useful fact sheets and a tip/job of the day!
Most importantly at this stage; It helps you choose your options.
Look at ‘choices at 14+’ within the Factsheets section.
Why don’t you take the Big Quiz! This may give you an idea as to a path you may wish to pursue - it will certainly help!
It is also very easy to access, JOB EXPLORERS DATABASE LOGIN
or Alternatively please see the path as follows;
- Go onto the FROG/VLE
- Look for the Careers button – orangey yellow colour next to classcharts.
- Then you will see Job Explorer Database written in red with a paragraph below. Within that paragraph there is an opportunity to 'click here'. This is the way to go onto the site whether the student is at school or at home.
- Then select JED.
Useful websites list. Post 16/post 18.
- Careers Gateway
- NHS Careers www.healthcareers.nhs.co.uk
- Warwickshire County Council Apprenticeships – www.warwickshire.gov.uk
- Warwickshire College Group – www.wcg.ac.uk
- Solihull College & University centre – www.solihull.ac.uk
- Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber Training – www.cw-chambertraining.co.uk
- The Apprenticeship Guide 2018
- www.reed.com – Careers Advice for School leavers
- Which – Which degree courses do your A Levels suit?
GAP YEAR AND VOLUNTEERING