See Miss Brennan if you need support with the following:
|Year 9 option choices||A levels|
|College courses||Motivation and Goal setting|
Job Explorer Database - JED
JED – Job Explorer Database.
Let me introduce you to a Careers tool that we use here at school.
Its called JED which stands for 'Job Explorer Database'.
Within this tool it gives a breakdown of a wide variety of different job roles.
- It has pictures, quizzes, career facts of the day.
- There are video clips of people conducting their actual roles in real life settings; real people doing real jobs.
- It contains useful fact sheets and a tip/job of the day!
Most importantly at this stage; It helps you choose your options.
Look at ‘choices at 14+’ within the Factsheets section.
Why don’t you take the Big Quiz! This may give you an idea as to a path you may wish to pursue - it will certainly help!
It is also very easy to access, JOB EXPLORERS DATABASE LOGIN
or Alternatively please see the path as follows;
- Go onto the FROG/VLE
- Look for the Careers button – orangey yellow colour next to classcharts.
- Then you will see Job Explorer Database written in red with a paragraph below. Within that paragraph there is an opportunity to 'click here'. This is the way to go onto the site whether the student is at school or at home.
- Then select JED.
Useful websites list. Post 16/post 18.
- Careers Gateway
- NHS Careers www.healthcareers.nhs.co.uk
- Warwickshire County Council Apprenticeships – www.warwickshire.gov.uk
- Warwickshire College Group – www.wcg.ac.uk
- Solihull College & University centre – www.solihull.ac.uk
- Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber Training – www.cw-chambertraining.co.uk
- The Apprenticeship Guide 2018
- www.reed.com – Careers Advice for School leavers
- Which – Which degree courses do your A Levels suit?
GAP YEAR AND VOLUNTEERING