The move from Primary to Secondary School can be quite a daunting experience for some. Therefore our aim is to make this move as smooth as possible.
Ways in which we do this are:
- The Head of Year 7 and SENCO visit all main feeder schools to talk to the students and the Year 6 teachers. We gather a detailed profile of every student and can provide instant answers to questions students may have.
- Providing a fully structured induction day in the summer term, to allow students to familiarise themselves with the school, meet their tutors and sample a variety of new subjects. The following evening, parents are invited to school to meet the Headteacher, Head of Year and the Year 7 tutors.
- In addition, many are invited to attend a variety of summer school activities, including literacy and numeracy.
- Year 5s are invited to watch the summer school performances. In the past students have watched We Will Rock You, Grease, Oliver and Bugsy Malone.
- Primary pupils have been invited to take part in workshops where they have been taught by our Year 9 and 10 Learning Ambassadors.
As a result of all of this, students arrive in September with confidence, ready to engage and learn.
List of Primary Feeder Schools:
- Park Hill Junior School
- St John’s Primary School
- All Saints’ C of E Primary School
- Clinton Primary School
- Priors Field Primary School
- St Augustine’s R C Primary School
- St Nicholas’ C of E Primary School
- Burton Green Primary School
We have compiled pages from our website and documents that may be of interest to parents and guardians of students at Kenilworth School.